Developing psychological tests
psychTestR is an R package for designing and conducting computerised behavioural experiments. It was designed with the following specification in mind:
- It is open-source, meaning that psychTestR experiments can be freely distributed and used by anyone.
- Experiments can be hosted locally without requiring an external server.
- The same experiments can be deployed online without any recoding.
- psychTestR paradigms can be easily distributed in R packages, and combined in a modular fashion to create arbitrarily long test batteries.
- psychTestR provides access to the full computational tools of R, making it well-suited for complex procedures such as computerised adaptive testing.
- psychTestR fully supports internationalisation, making it easy to generalise the same paradigm to multiple languages.
Full documentation can be found at the psychTestR website.